Home » Forums » DBManager General

problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection (3509 previews)
problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection Posted in 13th, 04/2006 04:51 by dbtools.com.br
I am trying to access a local instance of MSDE (MS SQL Desktop Edition) set up by another local application (on Windows XP SP2).

In DB Tools Professional Enterprise, under properties I have selected the following and chosen "Test Connection":

ODBC
Server Name: \DBNAME
Server Group: Default Group

Hostname:
Port: 0

User ID: userid (I have also tried withOUT userid/pw & ODBC still seems to connect fine!?)
Password: userpw

The reply back I get is:

ODBC Connection to [master] Successfull.
Server version is 3.85.1117.

However, when I then choose OK, then Right-Click and choose "Connect" to that database I get the following message:

DB-Library Message Error 10004: Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist. Unable to connect: SQL Server does not exist or network access denied.
Operating System Error 2: ConnectionOpen(Connect()).

Can you please help? What am I doing wrong? I am using the Trial version (though I have a version of the Open Source multi-pack, I removed the license key from that paid version and I am using a Trial 3.2.2). If I can get this working with MS SQL Server, then of course I will buy that upgrade.

Thanks much!

Brad /
Re: problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection Posted in 13th, 04/2006 06:13 by support
Hi Brad,

The ODBC datasource is read only. If you plan to manage the MSDE you need to change from ODBC to MSSQL Server in which case it will use the DBLibrary as default instead of ODBC datasources. On the other hand you should be able to connect to the MSDE using the ODBC as well. In this case the database should point the ODBC DSN (DataSource Name) as configured by the ODBC Manager. In our tests we could be able to connect to MSSQL Server 7/2000/2003 and MSDE using both DBLibrary and ODBC. If that doesn't solve your problem don't worry. Just let us know and we will send you more details on how to set up this connection correctly (MSSQL Server sometimes requires enabling some connection features in the MSSQL Server configuration).

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection Posted in 13th, 04/2006 06:48 by dbtools.com.br
Thanks for the quick reply.

I also tried connecting via MS SQL directly, but that gives me the same error when I click Test Connection button. That is, the second error in my first posting above.

(I did just get the ODBC to work, but only if I do *not* start the local application first. So maybe that was due to a multi user access problem with MSDE? Do they allow more than one connection?)

Is there a way for you & I to chat directly about this? Or can you send me the "extra instructions" for MS SQL Server at my e-mail address?

Thanks,
Brad

Brad /
Re: problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection Posted in 13th, 04/2006 10:31 by support
Hi Brad,

This is true, the MSDE is for single user only, which in terms means you can't connect with two users at the same time. If you really need more than one connection We would recommend to use the MSSQL Server Express instead of MSDE. In our tests this version is faster and much more capable of handling much more processing.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
RE: problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection Posted in 25th, 03/2015 04:46 by linmikey
You get the sense that Pele knows iphone 6 plus protective film what you are going to ask him even before you start to formulate the words. Double Sided Adhesive Perhaps it is just natural intuition, the same instinctive understanding for human behaviour—and how he can use that to his own advantage—that die cut helped make him the greatest footballer, and the most prolific goalscorer, Stand Up Pouches the sport has ever seen.

zenok5528 /

RE: RE: problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection Posted in 18th, 04/2018 06:48 by panistefanin
linmikey wrote:
You get the sense that Pele knows iphone 6 plus protective film what you are going to ask him even before you start to formulate the words. Double Sided Adhesive Perhaps it is just natural intuition, the same instinctive understanding for human behaviour—and how he can use that to his own advantage—that die cut helped make him the greatest footballer, and the most prolific goalscorer, Stand Up Pouches the sport has ever seen.

Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it

https://192-168-1.org/

panistefanin / panistefanin

RE: problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection Posted in 30th, 08/2018 03:59 by linkbuildeng
I think you are still in the same problem If this problem is still creating issues for you then use 192.168.0.1 router login. This last fix will resolve your issue.
Reference: https://192-168-1-1ip.info/192-168-0-1/

Johnceni / seo

RE: RE: problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection Posted in 02th, 02/2019 11:57 by gavblat
linkbuildeng wrote:
I think you are still in the same problem If this problem is still creating issues for you then use 192.168.0.1 router login. This last fix will resolve your issue.
Reference:

If you have a problem with the router, I recommend that you visit this site. https://routerlogin.space/

markmm / Mark M

problems with MS SQL (MSDE) connection (3509 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General