Home » Forums » Suggestions and New Features

HTTP Tunnel (2703 previews)
HTTP Tunnel Posted in 09th, 06/2006 07:45 by dbtools
Can you add a HTTP tunnel feature to DBTools. This is available in the lastest version of Navicat, but missing from your feature set.

HTTP Tunneling is a method for connecting to a MySQL server that uses the same protocol (http://) and the same port (port 80) as a webserver does. It is used while your ISPs do not allow direct connections to their MySQL server, but allows establishing HTTP connections.

Richard Harris /
Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 09th, 06/2006 09:51 by support
Hi Richard,

You are mistaken. DBManager supports this feature. Actually we were the first to implement this feature in an application for database management. The difference is that we call it MySQL WebServices and not HTTP tunneling like the other guys.

This feature is available in the DBManager Professional Enterprise Edition and for MySQL only. But we are working on the other engines as well.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 09th, 06/2006 09:55 by dbtools
Thanks! I'll give that a go
Richard Harris /
Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 06th, 07/2006 09:37 by dbtools
I have been unable to get this to work: The XML file contains the following error message when I try and check the URL manually:

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

The MySQL server is not local though! I need to specify an IP address - this is what I am trying:

http://www.mysite_url.co.uk/webscripts/myweb.php?userid=MYSQL_username&passwd=MYSQL_Password&database=MYSQL_IP&action=connect

I replace mysite_url, MYSQL_username, MYSQL_password and MYSQL_IP with the settings for my site / database.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks
Richard Harris
Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 06th, 07/2006 02:04 by support
Hi,

dbtools wrote:
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

The MySQL server is not local though! I need to specify an IP address - this is what I am trying:

http://www.mysite_url.co.uk/webscripts/myweb.php?userid=MYSQL_username&passwd=MYSQL_Password&database=MYSQL_IP&action=connect

Some of the variables are incorrect. Here is a list of the possibilities:

userid and password are correct
database must point to the database name and not the host/ip
use host to specify the hostname or ipaddress

Use this parameters the correct link would be

http://www.mysite_url.co.uk/webscripts/myweb.php?userid=MYSQL_username&passwd=MYSQL_Password&database=MYSQL_database&host=MYSQL_ip&action=connect

Use the hostname field in Server Manager to specify the URL only. Optionally you can edit the myweb.php script to point to the IpAddress and database directly. That way any parameter used in DBManager's Server Manager will be discarded, with the exception of the script url address (specified in hostname).

Best Regards,

Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 07th, 07/2006 07:00 by dbtools
Thanks, I've now got one step closer.

I can now connect to the MYSQL server, but none of my databases are there? I've checked with Navicat and they are definatly still on the server. Any ideas?

Richard Harris
Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 07th, 07/2006 09:33 by support
Hi,

To view all databases leave the database field in Server Manager blank.
This will allow you to view and manage all database in the server. This is option is implemented that way since some ISP configure their dbservers to not allow database listing.

Best Regards,

Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 10th, 07/2006 07:29 by dbtools
This is still not working.

This is what the php code generates:

‹?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?›
- ‹request_data›
‹session_id›1152526910‹/session_id›
‹client_type› PHP‹/client_type›
‹ws_version release="0"›1‹/ws_version›
‹server_version›4.1.18-standard‹/server_version›
‹client_version›3.23.49‹/client_version›
‹have_innodb›1‹/have_innodb›
‹have_bdb›0‹/have_bdb›
‹have_isam›0‹/have_isam›
‹/request_data›

When I try to access it in DBtools. It appears to connect, but I can not see my database or my tables.

Any more ideas?
Richard Harris
Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 10th, 07/2006 09:56 by support
Hi,

Try this command on your browser

http://yourserver/myweb.php?userid=user&passwd=password&database=yourdb&action=server_info

Replace the variables with the correct values. This should list your databases or at least generate an error message. If the databases node is empty than your PHP/Apache are not returning the correct data.

Attention: Most IPS's does not allow to execute the command USE [database]. If your ISP is configured that way you need to fill the database field in Server Manager. If you have more than one database than it will be necessary to create as many server as you need in order to be able to manage them all.

Best Regards,

Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 10th, 07/2006 10:13 by dbtools
I've tried the server info command. It came back with my dbname and a whole load of data under the "status_list" group.

Do you want me post it here?

Richard Harris
Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 10th, 07/2006 01:22 by support
Hi,

Let's do this differently. Send the results attached to support@dbtools.com.br. After checking the results another command will be sent to you in order to try indentifying where the problems is.

Through the email support you can send sensitive data without any worries.

Best Regards,

Re: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 11th, 07/2006 08:41 by dbtools
OK, I've emailed the file as requested
Richard Harris /
RE: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 07th, 02/2015 04:16 by asadabbas10001
an't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I replace mysite_url, MYSQL_u
70-480

johson / pasban

RE: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 13th, 02/2015 06:16 by jll66778899
That was great article and i find a nice game please click this web site.
-------------------------------------------------
Cheap RS3 Gold

beautyGG / 454377Jl

RE: HTTP Tunnel Posted in 25th, 03/2015 04:24 by linmikey
You get the sense that Pele knows iphone 6 plus protective film what you are going to ask him even before you start to formulate the words. Double Sided Adhesive Perhaps it is just natural intuition, the same instinctive understanding for human behaviour—and how he can use that to his own advantage—that die cut helped make him the greatest footballer, and the most prolific goalscorer, Stand Up Pouches the sport has ever seen.

zenok5528 /

HTTP Tunnel (2703 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » Suggestions and New Features